Sunday, October 4, 2009

Guns, Guns and more guns!

We have guns!


After a long and tiresome battle with incomplete code resources and attempts at reinventing the wheel we've added 5 guns and what I think is a pretty nice cycling system, the mouse wheel. Oh yeah, we also have grenades that are currently launched with the ease of a simple right mouse click. And I do mean launched, we're still working out the bugs in the code to force the grenades to look as if they are actually thrown. As it stand they look to be launched with little to no regard for gravity. I have to talk to the defense department about our little rocket launched and self propelled grenades, there may be a market for these.


We continue to work on the HUD as you can see. Now when you switch weapons the HUD displays the current weapon and ammo amount. I've also included a reload function that needs some tweaking. I want the reload to check if the current clip is full before actually reloading the gun. Full clip = no reload. For some reason we can not figure out why the initial weapon image will not display in the HUD. It's as if the function is called after the weapon is changed for the first time which I know is not the case because the correct ammo amount is displayed at start. 1 or 2 days and I'll figure out which section of code I fat fingered and resolve that minor issue.


Our next steps are implementing the bullet hole/decal system, custom crosshairs for each weapon and fine tune the shooting accuracy, which more then likely will involve me remodeling the characters with many more detail and collision points. But for now I'm happy. We're moving forward and learning a lot.


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment